Spicy sweet potato fries are my current favourite way to prepare sweet potato. They are so quick and easy to make and taste good with everything. I eat them on their own as a snack, alongside some sort of dip, like hummus or guacamole. I add them into my salads to a little sweetness and spiciness. Or, I have them along side a “burger” to recreate the traditional burger and fries. Pictured below with my salmon sweet potato patties, you can find the recipe here. These always seem to be a hit and last well in the fridge making them a great option to meal prep and have throughout the week.
5 Facts about Sweet Potato
- Sweet potato and yams are not the same thing! They are from two different families. You can read more here.
- Excellent source of Beta-Carotene which is converted into Vitamin A-this is what is associated wtih carrots and why we think of them as good for the eyes
- Eat them with healthy fats to get the full benefits of the beta carotene contained in them
- They are in season in November and December
- Contains adiponectin which is a protein hormone that helps to modify insulin metabolisim, this can help to regulate blood sugar levels