I’m Jessica, a twenty-something Canadian girl. I’ve loved to cook and bake since a young age and always had an interest in healthy eating. I was the weird kid who didn’t want to get fast food for lunch or dinner and was upset when I had to have McDonalds. Growing up I always thought I would work in Fashion and took all the necessary steps to achieve that goal. Following my graduation from The Richard Ivey School of Business, I worked for a big department store as an assistant planner/assistant buyer in both cosmetics and ladieswear. I always had an underlying passion and interest in nutrition, when the timing was right I decided to go back to school for nutrition. I attended The Institute of Holistic Nutrition and am a Certified Nutritional Practitioner (or Holistic Nutritionist).
I am excited to share this journey with all of you and hopefully I can inspire you to incorporate some healthy habits into your every day life. This blog is for me to share delicious and nourishing recipes, all things beauty and fitness related, my favourite products, and my services. I look forward to connecting with each of you in some way.
Five facts about me:
1. I have an australian labradoodle named Boomer.
2. I am allergic to a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as some nuts. When I first realized I had these allergies I was quite young and my parents thought I was just trying to get out of eating healthy foods!
3. My favourite food to snack on is granola.
4. I have a huge sweet tooth.
5. I love to travel but have barely traveled within Canada!